Three days and counting
Matt and I had the best night of our lives biking between bars along the Bay Trail, and I was able to finally (thank God the day as come) meet the infamous, the incredible, the one and only- JACKALOPE! Not to be confused with either a rabbit or an antelope. It is, in fact, a creature that exists only in Wisconsin bars and is known for its ferocious antlers.
It is quite terrifying.
For the curious but unconvinced, come to Wisconsin and discover the miracle for yourself!
I also spent a night at the log cabin up in northern Wisconsin eating by candlelight with some folks from my high school who have now started a cooperative farm. They have a beautiful child with bright red hair! I love babies.
I also discovered that two members of my class were married in May, a fact that me (and several others of my class) had awaited for several years with dread. The boy is aptly described as a "country club kid" and his wife is a spunky sorority girl. All the bridegrooms were Newman (high school) grads all the bridesmaids were Newman grads. Half of them were dating each other. Two of our high school religion teachers read the readings.
I was not invited. A fact I am neither surprised nor disappointed by. Strange does not quite describe it.
Tana and Laura and Laura's boyfriend perform this Friday night. Matt and I will bar-hop. It will be the best send-off in the history of Nikki leaving Wausau for Oaxaca.
Life is more complicated than this blog implies but good anyway
Two cheers for sweet freedom and the great outdoors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment